Contact Us
TEL: 0086-29-6286 9807
Fax: 0086-29-6286 9800
China Tours
China Highlight Tour
Silk Road Exploration
Historic & Cultural Tours
Tibet Lhasa Travel
Lijiang Shangri-La Tour
Yangtze River Cruise
Popular City Tours
China Top City
beijing tours
from $259
Shanghai Tours
from $96
Xian Tours
from $75
Lhasa Tours
from $289
Urumqi Tours
from $249
chongqing tours
from $189
Guilin Tours
from $195
Guiyang Tours
from $219
Kunming Tours
from $219
tailor-made tour
Home >> china-tours-faq >>


What type of visa do I need?
Single-entry China visas are usually valid for 3 months after the issuing date, and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days. This visa will allow you to travel as a tourist or conduct general business activities. Most people need only to apply for a single-entry.

When to apply the visa?
The best time to apply for your visa is one month before your departure. The visa is normally good for entry within 90 days of issuance. Single-entry visa is usually valid for a 30-day visit, which means the visa is only good for 30 days after your entry date.

Why must I have a full blank visa page in my passport?
China visas are affixed in your passport on the pages specifically marked for them, and countries require that visa stamps be placed on those pages that do not contain any other stamps.

What is passport-style photo?
The Chinese consulate requires a photo similar to the one in your passport. They will only accept photos which are head-only, full frontal, with a white background, approximately 1-1/2 'by 2'. You can obtain this type of photo anywhere that advertises "assport photo" service. Cutouts from personal photographs are not acceptable. [Go Top]

Can a visa be issued on a blank amendment page at the back of my passport?
No, amendment pages at the back of passports are specifically for changes and endorsements to a passport after initial issuance. Chinese Embassy and Consulates generally refuse to recognize the usability of an amendment page for visas. [Go Top]

What are the fees involving visa processing?
Total cost of visa includes Consular Fees, VisaRite Service Fees and Shipping Fee. Consular Fees are fees paid to an embassy or consulate in order to fulfill visa issuance requirements. The VisaRite Service Fee is charged for the services performed by VisaRite in facilitating the application of visas. Shipping Fee is for the return of your completed documentation. [Go Top]

What are the customs regulations?
Entry: Tourists must fill out a baggage declaration form (in two copies) and hand it in to customs, retaining the carbon to show upon exit.
Personal belongings will be admitted duty free, including food, two bottles of liquor and two cartons of cigarettes. Wristwatches, radios, tape recorders, cameras, movie cameras, and similar items may be brought in for personal use but cannot be sold or transferred to others and must be brought out of China.
Gifts for relatives or friends in China, or articles carried on behalf of other, must also be declared.
Visitors can bring in an unlimited amount of foreign currency and Chinese renminbi traveler’s checks, and the unspent portion can be taken out.
Bringing in the following articles is prohibited:
1. Arms, ammunition, and explosives of all kinds
2. Radio transmitters-receivers and principal parts
3. Renminbi (Chinese currency) in cash
4. Manuscripts, printed matter, films, photographs, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and videotapes, etc. which are detrimental to China's politics, economy, culture, and ethics
5. Poisonous drugs, habit-forming drugs, opium, morphine, heroin, etc.
6. Animals, plants and products thereof infected with or carrying germs and insect pests
7. Unsanitary foodstuffs and germ-carrying food-stuffs from infected areas
8. Other articles the import of which is prohibited by state regulations

Exit: On leaving China, tourists must again submit the baggage declaration form for customs inspection (the second copy). Travelers by ship are exempted.
Items purchased in China with RMB converted from foreign currencies may be taken out or mailed out of the country after receipts are presented for customs inspection. In cities where a Customs Office does not exit, this can be arranged through the local Friendship Store.
Taking out the following articles is prohibited:
1. Arms, ammunition, and explosives of all kinds
2. Radio transmitters-receivers and principal parts
3. Renminbi (Chinese currency) in cash and negotiable securities in RMB
4. Unratified foreign currency, foreign notes or drafts
5. Manuscripts, printed matter, films, photographs, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and videotapes, etc. which are detrimental to China's national security
6. Rare and precious copies of books about Chinese revolution, history, culture and art that are not for sale
7. Valuable animals, plants, and seeds
8. Precious metals, pearls, and jewels (things declared to the customs are exempted)
9. Other articles the export of which is prohibited by state regulations. [Go Top]

What do I do if I lost my passport when traveling in China?
If the passport is lost in China, report to the local public security organization as soon as possible. Besides, contact the embassy or consulate of your own country applying for an exit document with a certificate issued by the local public security organization. [Go Top]

What cautions should foreigners take when buying Chinese antiques?
When purchasing expensive articles, you'd better choose the shops owned by the government. Make sure that the antiques you bought carry a wax seal indicating that it is authentic and is able to be exported from China.
It should know that antiques dating before 1795 cannot be legally exported. Keep the purchase receipts and show it to the customs when leaving China. [Go Top]

What money like in China, and how much for the exchange rate?
Yuan, the official currency in China is issued in denominations of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. The current exchange rate is about USD1=6.5510 RMB. As for travelers coming from different countries, the cheques maybe are the most ideal way to handle money on holidays. US dollars can be easily exchanged at banks, such as Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Construction Bank of China,etc. What's more, travelers can use major credit cards in most hotels, restaurants and big shopping malls.[Go Top]

Do I need to tip for the service in China?
There’s no need to tip for the service in China. Well, in some large cities, this kind of activities have appeared gradually, specifically in the luxury shops and hotels. However, it is still not common and if you tip, people will feel confused absolutely.[Go Top]
Can I use US dollars in Hong Kong? 
The US dollars can be used in Hong Kong sometimes, but the Hong Kong dollars would be the best choice, or you may use the credit card cause the cards are available everywhere.[Go Top]
Can I order the truly Xi’an famous food when I travel to Xi’an?
Yes. If you have heard Liang Pi Cold Noodles, Stewed Pork Burger, Lamb Meat Soup, you must be very familiar about Xi’an famous food. During your trip in Xi’an, we will arrange these for you if you wish. And assure you will have the delicious and truly Xi’an famous food.[Go Top]

Where can I mail letters in China?
You can find post offices easily in China. In many major cities, every neighborhood owns one and in the small cities, the post office must be located centrally. Mailing is quite cheap but inefficient in China, so it’s up to you. To mail or not to mail, that’s a question.[Go Top]
When’s the best time to visit? 
It depends on where you want to go and which season you love. As you know, China owns a vast territory, covering five time areas and seven kinds of zones, from subfrigid zone to tropical zone. Generally speaking, May, September and October are the high tourist months when the weather is quite comfortable, which means more costs and more crowded; while, the low season is on the contrary.[Go Top]

Do I need China Visa?
Foreigners traveling to Mainland China, whether for business or pleasure, require a visa, which should be obtained in advance. You are exempt from this requirement if you travel and stay only in Hong Kong or Macao for less than 30 days. However, if you travel beyond Hong Kong, even for a few hours, you will need a China visa. As a matter of fact, visas are required for visitors from most foreign countries to Mainland China.[Go Top]



Home | China Attractions | China Hotels | About Us | Contact Us | Site Maps
China Highlight Tour | Historic & Cultural Tour | Silk Road Exploration | Tibet Lhasa Travel | Lijiang-Shangrila Tour | Yangtze River Cruise
Beijing Tours | Chongqing Tours | Guilin Tours | Guiyang Tours | Kunming Tours | Lhasa Tours | Shanghai Tours | Urumqi Tours | Xian Tours
Copyright 1992-2018 All Rights Reserved
China Travel Guide